Welcome to Wings!
Wings Christian Preschool is now registering for
the 2017 – 2018 school year and Summer Camp 2017!
Wings Christian Preschool, established in 1992, is a ministry of Crosswinds Wesleyan Church. Wings is committed to the highest standard of excellence by providing loving, quality learning experiences to children ages two through five, while modeling and teaching Christian principles such as love, patience, kindness, compassion, self-control, and forgiveness. Altogether, this creates a solid foundation and prepares for a child’s formal education while instilling a love of learning.
At Wings, we guide and encourage children to grow socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually by providing a loving, stimulating, enriching environment. We engage children through activities designed to encourage the use of their hands and minds. This teaching style, along with social interaction with teachers and other children, supports and enhances each child’s:
- Creativity and expression
- Cooperation with others
- Curiosity and desire for knowledge
- Cognitive thinking and reasoning skills
- Physical development
- Spiritual awareness of a loving God
We believe a child develops and learns best by discovery – advancing the experience of new things through interaction with others and the world around them – using a wide variety of fascinating and thought-provoking hands-on activities such as:
- Painting, tracing, and cutting to create crafts and projects
- Leadership skills as Star of the Day
- Babysitting stuffed animals and journaling about their experience
- Our Large-Motor Skills Room
- Pre-math skills such as sorting and patterning
- Our Media Center
- The Reading Center
- The sensory Feely Box
- Finger plays
- Playing outdoors on the playground
- The Sand Table
- Letters of the week
- Calendar time
- Field trips and Special Days
The staff at Wings considers it a joy and privilege to participate in the development of the children entrusted to us each day.
Units of Exploration
Our Units of Exploration make learning fun and interesting! We explore exciting topics such as:
- The Five Senses
- Dr. Seuss
- Christmas Around the World
- Apple Pie Day
- Field trip to the Pick’n Patch
- Thanksgiving feast
- Christmas pageant and party
- Mom’s Day Tea
- Dad’s Day Party
- Field trip to the Seneca Park Zoo
Parents, when available, are encouraged to be involved with their child on Special Days. We have a ton of fun!